Sunday, January 23, 2011

Magick and You

That word Magick has struck fear into the hearts of million since the start of time. When I hear the word, I get a warm feeling in the pit of my tummy, and my toes curl. I smile.

Magick

It is such a big part of my life. I use it more then people think I do. Nothing big, simple Magick. If I am making soup I say a blessing and use my hands to bless it. I put the Magick in my food, what ever I am in need of at the moment, luck, love, safety.

There are many different view on Magick, each unique to each of us. I guess I should answer a few key questions about Magick.

What is Magick?
Magick to me is the act of putting intentions and goals into actions. 

How dose Magick work?
This is the million dollar question. Dose it work empirically or psychologically? I can't really say. If you cast a spell and a week later what you asked for happens, did it happen because of the spell or because you motivated yourself to work harder at whatever it was. I however believe its both. You cast a spell and the universe starts working with you to accomplish the goal, and you continue to work to get it done. Its like if you cast a spell to lose 30lbs, but you don't eat right and excuse then no your not going to lose weight. You cast a spell to lose weight and the universe might motivate you to lose it, but your not gonna wake up 30lbs lighter. If in 3 weeks you have lost that weight, then the spell worked. 

Magick is just praying, right? 
No, Magick is not praying. With pray you are asking a deity to help you get something done. With Magick you are using you own will to get it done, all though a witch may ask for help from a deity. However Witches do pray. I pray all the time. I pray for snow during the winter, and wind during the summer. Those are not things I can control, so I pray to the Deity that dose control those things to give them to me. 

Dose Magick really Work?
The short answer for this one is simply put as Yes. The longer answer is Magick like anything else in your life is just a tool. You have to use it the right way to get the out come you want. Magick is all about the person casting it. Magick also has bounders. Let me explain. 
Like all tools in life, the more you use them the better you will be. If you give me a saw and ask me to cut wood, I am gonna be like a new born baby.  Magick like any tool takes practice. The more you use it, the better your gonna get. 
Magick sometimes dose not work the way you want it to sometimes. Magick has a mind of its own if you don't do it the right way. If you don't give Magick a specific goal, or action it could do what you asked it, but not the way you wanted it done. For example you want more hours at work, and a few of your friends get fired. You got what you wanted, but maybe not the way you wanted it.
 Maybe you did ask for something specific and you got a different out come. Well then you have to take in account other things. Like other energy.
Magick is not the only thing that causes things to happen. You have to take into account all of the factors of life, and law. Gravity, makes things come down, Social Pressure makes you lose out on a promotion(sometimes), and Lack of Money makes you unable to get that really nice hand bag. You have to take into account other people, their wills, and the universe actions. 

Can you Prove Magick Work? 
 Lets look at this. 
If you cast a spell to find a nicer job is it because of the spell, or because you looked harder to find a better job. For me, it dose not matter one way or the other. If I have a nicer job, I don't care if I got it through dancing around my fire and casting a spell or if it because I worked harder at getting one. You can believe how you want to but I think Magick dose not MAKE things happen, it gives you the motivation and the WILL to get things done. Can I prove Magick works? No. Do I think it works? Yes. Do you have to agree? No

What can I do with Magick?
It is easier to say what you Can't do with Magick. You can't make someone love you, but it can help you find love. It can't make an apartment appear, but it can help you find an apartment. When you do Magick it is best to remember some things. You should use Magick only after you have tried everything else. If you have not tried to lose weight and you go straight to Magick it may not work simply because of the way your using it. Magick is there to help you, not do everything for you. If you want to get of drugs and you have tried all you can, then use some Magick to help. If you want to find a love, but you have done everything you can to find one, then use some Magick. 

A few other things about Magick is that you should not try to take someones free will from them. You should not cast love spells, and if Aunt May is sick, but she is a hard core Christian and she dose not know you pagan and would not approve, but you wanna cast a spell to make her better, Don't. That is taking away her free will to Choose. 
Remember to take into account all the gray areas. If you want to help a friend get justice for something bad that happened to her, that is nice and all, but you should be careful about casting a spell for it. Your ideal of Justice and the universe may be to different things. 

The most important thing about Magick is to have fun. If you are worried about messing up or it not working the right way, chances are it wont. You have to believe in Magick for it to work. Would you just out of a plane with a parachute if you believed it would not open? I did not think so either. 

1 comments:

MadeByHind said...

I loved this post, I need to use magic more often in my life..real life kills me!
well done :)

Post a Comment